PE and Sports Premium Funding Allocation
In 2013, the DfE introduced the PE and Sports Grant to improve both the provision of PE in schools and to increase the participation of pupils in sports to promote healthy lifestyles.
Below is a report on how we, as a school, have spent the money and the impact it has had upon the school.
Plans for 2022-2023
In 2022-2023 we will be working in partnership with Hinckley and Bosworth School Sports Partnership and Bradgate Education Partnership Trust to:
- continue to provide sports coaches at lunchtimes to provide a range of structured physical activities at lunchtime including the Daily Mile
- employ an experienced Specialist Sports Coach to deliver the PE National Curriculum alongside the class teacher
- develop our PE Curriculum which includes CPD for all staff and PE Leads
- extend the range of extra-curricular opportunities for pupils to participate in
- provide continued professional development opportunities for staff
- increase pupil participation in locally organised sporting events, festivals and competitions
- purchase new resources to further develop provision
- further develop our assessment of pupils’ skills in Physical Education through use of Arbor
- provide opportunities for pupils to learn and play outside through outdoor and adventurous activities and forest school provision
- Organise themed PE and Sports Days to extend the range of sports pupils are able to experience
Please see below for our full report about how the school allocated its funding in 2021-2022 and the impact. This will include how any unspent funds as a result of Covid 19 from 2019-2020 were spent during this academic year.